Current Affairs questions are asked from the core disciplines or say subjects, for example, science and technology, Polity, History, Geography, Economics, and environment. So, we must give importance to current affairs from all perspectives, i.e. subjects, Prelim, Main and Personality Test.
These questions can be asked based on Government Initiatives/Policies, policies of India which have international importance i.e. - Look East Policy, International Institutions – IMF, WB, UNSC, etc. International Agreement- Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), etc. Human Rights Issues, Social Sector Initiatives, Sustainable Development etc.
Generally you can call those events important, which –
- become the headlines of the newspaper and editorial and written
- Which have a negative/positive effect on the society
- Which remain in discussion amongst the people for a long time.
- Which find a place in newspaper for a long time
- Bilateral Relation
Areas to be covered for Current Affairs .
- Economy – budget, economic survey and latest data
- Science – Health, Space, computers, Bio-technology, nuclear science, Defence etc.
- Political and Social issues
- The information about – the United Nations, World, Bank, & World Trade Organizations.
- Information relating to development programs