Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY)
- The Union government announced that free of cost 5 kg of foodgrains per month would be provided to 80 crore beneficiaries under the PMGKAY.
- It would be on the same pattern as the earlier PM-GKAY.
- Food security welfare scheme announced in March 2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Operated by the Department of Food and Public Distribution under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
- Aims to feed the poorest citizens of India by providing grain through the Public Distribution System, to all the priority households (ration cardholders and those identified by the Antyodaya Anna Yojana scheme).