Engagement between India and Australia
- Recently, the frequent engagement on agriculture between India and Australia has been acknowledged in a virtual meeting held between the Agricultural Ministers of both the countries.
- The collaboration in agriculture is a part of the Comprehensive Strategic Partnership announced by both nations in their Virtual Summit of June 2020.
- The India-Australia Grains Partnership was a significant inclusion aiming to use Australia’s expertise in post-harvest management to strengthen rural grain storage and supply chains to reduce losses and wastage.
- The National Institute of Agricultural Marketing is the nodal organisation from India.
- Both Ministers expressed satisfaction on the progress of giving market access to the respective agricultural products.
- Australia has recently given market access for export of Indian pomegranates and there would be a joint strategy for deeper access for Indian mangoes as well.