Digital Transformation of Tribal Schools
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Microsoft have signed an MoU for digital transformation of Tribal Schools such as Eklavya Model Residential Schools and Ashram Schools.
- Under the program, 250 Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS) have been adopted by Microsoft out of which 50 EMRS schools will be given intensive training.
- The MoU was signed in an online event “Empowering Youth For Success”.
- The collaboration seeks to skill educators and students in next-generation digital technologies including Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- The students from schools under the Ministry will be mentored on projects that involve AI applications for societal good and the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Students would get the required skill set through digital transformation and it would open a new chapter with AI and coding being a part of the curriculum.
Teachers will also be trained for using productivity technologies like Office 365 and AI applications in teaching, helping them deliver blended or remote learning experiences to students in a more personalized, productive, and secure ma